Monday, June 18, 2007

New Learning

Learning, always is a new experience. I learn everyday and try to implement what I learn in my day to day life. Managing your expenses is quite a tough job. Getting out of the student life when you survive on pocket money, into an independent professional life is a big leap. Managing the finance is necessary. I learn a new lesson almost everyday.

I have to travel a lot before I reach office. I have fixed expenditure while coming but while returning I use a different route. So expenses vary. What I have done in order to discipline my expenditures, I have fixed a budget for my monthly travel expenses. I know I wont exceed that but if I do I need to curtail other costs. That might take a toll on my over-eating habit :). On a serious note I keep my structured expense calculation in a spreadsheet over my mail. Or you can try the desk top as well. Being calculative does not harm. I will keep calculating till I become a billionaire and then MIGHT think of spending without thinking.

4 comments:

anindita said...

oh, I'm very poor in budgeting. But nice idea, let me try it out! :)
Keep posting.

Priyanka Kundu said...

This is an intersting lesson for me. :-)

On a very serious note, I like your style. It is quite simple. Do continue it this way as it makes your thought process simpler.

Dofolo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dofolo said...

Now I know the reason why I couldn't recognize you on the first day – “over-eating habit”. LOL.